Welcome to the New, Updated Teen Health & Wellness
Now celebrating over 10 years of Teen Health & Wellness.
Teen Health & Wellness has a new, sleek look. You’ll find the familiar functionality and trusted content you rely on and expect—updated to meet the needs of today’s teens. Now with new content on bullying, suicide, opioid abuse, gender identity, school safety, sexual harrassment, and more.
The award-winning Teen Health & Wellness provides middle and high school students with up-to-date, nonjudgmental, straightforward curricular, and self-help support. Articles are correlated to state, national, and provincial standards, including Common Core Health and Science. Topics covered include diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, mental health, suicide, bullying, LGBTQ issues, and more.
Praise for Teen Health & Wellness
"As aesthetically appealing as it is easy to use...Builds student knowledge and self-awareness as well as a sense of community...while meeting curricular standards and the varied needs of users of all abilities. A powerful and versatile resource."
–School Library Journal
“Rich, authoritative information...A simply amazing resource. The features of the database are numerous and thought-provoking.” —American Libraries
“Ground-breaking... A+. The front-runner in health information for teenagers and a definite must-have for all high school and public libraries.” —School Library Journal
“A one-stop self-help resource and fully interactive online community center for teen health and wellness...authoritative.” —Library Journal
“Thoughtfully considered...An exemplary product for public libraries, high schools, and middle schools. It fills a much-needed niche.” —VOYA (Voice of Youth Advocates)
“More interactivity for teens and more useful tools for librarians and teachers...Excellent.” —Booklist
“I am personally convinced that this 24/7 resource with its big ‘Get Help’ button, is going to save teen lives.” —Laura Cleveland, Columbia County Library, AR
“I cannot recommend Teen Health & Wellness strongly enough! We use it for our health classes, sociology and psychology classes—and the students use it for themselves.” —Sara Kelly Johns, New York Library Association, NY
“The counselors love that they have a site where they can send teenagers to privately look up sensitive information and get answers to questions that they are too embarrassed/shy to ask about!” —Liz Philippi, Houston ISD, TX
“Wow, this is what I call a reference experience! ... The attention to detail in citing, writing, reviewing, and updating make the information very authoritative.” —Sue Polanka, Head of Reference, Wright State University; Chair, Editorial Board, Reference Books Bulletin
“Our school is very impressed with the site and we talk about how we wish this was available when we were teens. We especially like Dr. Jan’s advice.” —Dina Ishimoto Fukada, Riverdale High School, CA
“Rosen Publishing has definitely set the standard for interactive databases that provide up-to-date information for kids on topics that demand answers. In summary: It’s the best thing out there since sliced bread!” —Shonda Brisco, District Librarian, Newkirk Public Schools, OK
What’s New for 2018
Seamless user login
- Updated to meet the needs of today’s teens
- New content on bullying, fake news, gender identity, opioid abuse, sexual consent, school safety, suicide, trolls and cybermobs, and more
- EasyBib citation tool allows users to generate article citations in MLA, APA, and Chicago formats
- Crisis text lines added to Hotlines
- Text-to-Speech and enhanced text visibility ensures all learners can read and succeed
- Instant Translation into over 100 languages, including Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Korean, and more
- Digital storytelling opportunities: teen-created personal stories and video PSAs
- Customizable 24/7 hotlines page with local community resources
- FREE Teen Hotlines mobile app for 24/7 access to teen hotlines, helplines, and websites on iOS devices and Android tablets
- Use on any device: iOS, Android, and Chromebook compatible