“A simply amazing resource.”—American Libraries
“A ground-breaking database... A+. The front-runner in health information for teenagers and a definite must-have for all high school and public libraries.”—School Library Journal
“A one-stop self-help resource and fully interactive online community center for teen health and wellness ... authoritative.”—Library Journal
About Teen Health & Wellness
Now fully updated with a fresh, new look and feel, the critically acclaimed, award-winning resource Teen Health & Wellness provides middle and high school students with nonjudgmental, straightforward, curricular and self-help support, aligned to state, national, and provincial standards. Topics include diseases, drugs and alcohol, nutrition, mental health, suicide and bullying, green living, LGBTQ issues, and more.
All content in Teen Health & Wellness is created for teens with their unique concerns and perspective in mind. Information throughout is presented using a sensitive, respectful, and age-appropriate approach. Teen-friendly articles makes complex topics understandable. They also give insight into the teen experience—crucial for parents, teachers, librarians, therapists, and others who are a part of teens’ lives and support them.
The database draws on Rosen’s award-winning series, including Coping, Need to Know, Teen Mental Health, and others. Through a rigorous editorial process, all content is thoroughly revised and updated for online use.
To ensure its accuracy and relevance, all content is reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis. Our standards of editorial integrity mandate that each entry includes the date it was last updated or reviewed.
In addition, all content strives to be inclusive in terms of race, sex, religion, economic status, and other teen experiences.
All content is reviewed by leading professionals in medicine, mental health, nutrition, guidance, and career counseling. Read our editorial and expert review policies here.
Now fully updated with a fresh, new look and feel, Teen Health & Wellness has the trusted content you rely on and expect. It has received critical acclaim and won numerous awards, including Top 10 Digital Resource and a “Must Have” Product by School Library Journal, Best Reference Source by Library Journal, and Best New Product, Readers’ Choice Awards by The Charleston Advisor. The database has been honored with AEP (Association of Educational Publishers) Distinguished Achievement, BESSIE (Best Educational Software), EDDIE (Annual Education Software Review), and World Wide Web Health awards. See our full list of awards and reviews here.
Features That Librarians, Educators, and Teens Expect
- New look: redesigned throughout
- More relevant than ever: New articles on FGC, gender identity, human trafficking, and stalking
- For teens, by teens: Digital storytelling opportunities for teens including personal stories and video PSAs
- All learners read and succeed: With text-to-speech, readers can select: male/female voice, 3 speeds, highlighting by word/sentence/both, text color, enhanced text visibility, and download articles as audio files!
- Instant translation into 100 languages, including Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Korean, and more
- A true community resource: A customizable hotlines page for local community resources
- FREE Teen Hotlines mobile app for 24/7 access to teen hotlines, helplines, and websites on iOS devices and Android tablets
- Calculators for personalized tips and information on Body Mass Index, Blood Alcohol Content, Budgets, and more
- Tools to make your job easier: An extensive array of Librarian/Educator Resources help you get the most out of your database subscription, from program ideas and promotional materials to curriculum correlations and training tools
- Single Sign-On available via Google SSO and Clever
- Take us with you: Consistent user experience across computers, tablets, and mobile devices. Our free, newly designed Teen Hotlines app is available for iOS, Android, and Kindle!
The Real Life Literacy and Teen Health & Wellness Customer Newsletters offer the latest news on exciting site enhancements and content updates, proven promotional and programming ideas, advice on how to best serve teen users, and more.
To subscribe, simply send us your email address.