“It’s Your Cause” Video Challenge
From depression to dating to green living, spread the word about any Teen Health & Wellness topic you feel passionate about by creating a video PSA (public service announcement). Videos that meet submission requirements will be published on Teen Health & Wellness.
Check out this example created by students at Springfield High School:
Springfield High School: David F., Brianna L., Khaysi S.
Browse other examples of student-created videos in the video gallery.
View the It’s Your Voice PSA lesson plan created by Ruth Thoreson, Information Literacy Specialist/Teacher Librarian at Johnston High School; Johnston, Iowa.
How to Enter:
- Shoot a short video (two minutes or less). Design it like a PSA (public service announcement) you might see on your favorite TV channel.
- Submit your video to Teen Health & Wellness.
- All participants must submit a signed Video Release Form. This includes team members, narrators, and students who appear on camera. If you are under 18, the form must be signed by a parent or guardian. You can return your release form by e-mail or fax. Videos with missing or incomplete release forms cannot be accepted for publication on Teen Health & Wellness.
Download the Video Release Form (PDF)
- You will receive an email confirmation that Teen Health & Wellness has received your submission. All students who participate will receive a digital certificate of achievement from Rosen Publishing.
Official rules and guidelines:
- Participants must be between 13 and 19 years old.
- You may work individually or in a team.
- Each participant must sign and return a video release form. Submissions with missing or incomplete release forms cannot be accepted for publication. If you are under 18, the form must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- All video content must be original.
- Videos cannot include profanity or other inappropriate material.
- Videos containing copyrighted music will not be accepted. You can download a royalty free music track for your PSA from the Soundzabound Music Library.
- You may enter as many videos as you like, but they must each be submitted as separate entries.
- If your video includes credits, please list participants as first name, last initial.